For those of you who are just joining in — we’re presently in a POWER SERIES on CREATIVITY and accessing your INNER CREATIVE ARTIST. At the core of this discovery… is ACTIVATION. If you haven’t been following, you can go a few blogs back and catch up. It’s all incredibly powerful stuff.
Now that you’ve been through a few of the creative assignments, it’s time to test the benefits of being ACTIVATED and knowing exactly what activates you.
So, let’s take a look at what the word actually mean. ACTIVATE —to make (something) active or operative. To put into motion. Energetic pursuits.
What that ultimately means is, we take the state of nothing and turn it into something. Doing it creatively is the application of energy.
So, where we go next is getting you to ACTIVATE on demand. Once you get the hang of activating whenever you need to (or should), it sort of becomes as easy as pressing a button or throwing a switch. Press POWER ON and you’re operating at a higher energy level then previously. And, as many of you already know, really exciting things happen when you live out of an activated state… as the activated state is THE ZONE STATE! Which will have you living in THE ZONE! As you move through this sort of work, you’ll find that the switch may be thrown on without you even trying. That’s when it all begins to get very interesting!
Since doing the exercises, you should notice that creativity requires more personal energy than not being creative. In other words, operating in your POWER ZONE and not out of your COMFORT ZONE. Don’t fall prey to your inner SURVIVALIST. Your survivalist loves the comfort zone — if you’re not on top of it all, you’ll inevitably fall right back into the familiar. And, let me just remind you of a very famous saying — NOTHING GREAT EVERY CAME (or COMES) OUT OF A COMFORT ZONE! You’ve got to step up and step out and burn those calories!
Be creative! Stay creative! Live creatively!
THE ARTISTS FREEWAY – [Your weekly exercise]
- Get into a situation, any situation, where activating your creative self will prove to make for a better experience. Step it up… even if it’s a little frightening.
- Know where you’re going to begin the exercise, (SET AN IN-POINT) and where you’re going to end the exercise, (SET AN END-POINT). This way it doesn’t confuse itself with real life. NOTE: Sometimes the end-point moves around when the activation is really effecting things. This is nothing to be concerned with… let it be. Don’t end the activation when it’s rolling just because you set an end-point. That is unless not ending on time will adversely affect something else. In other words… ride the CREATIVE ENERGY out.
- Once you’re all set, ACTIVATE! Turn on your CREATIVE ABILITY (POWER). Ride the creative wave. Then let the pieces fall where they will. NOTE: If you fall out of activation, don’t stress it, just do your best to get back into it.
- Remember, posture plays a big part in your activation. BEFORE – not so good. AFTER – better. (diagram)
- Ride the wave as long and elevated as you’re able under your present set of conditions.
- While you’re in it, notice as much as you’re able, just how different you and everything and everybody around you are. Your own inner personal CREATIVE ACTIVATION will affect the environment around you.
- When it’s all over, take some time to reflect on this experience, by possibly writing it down or recording it. Also, record exactly how much you gained or benefited from being activated. e.g. money, opportunities… (amazing things happen in a creatively active atmosphere)
- Once you’ve successfully done all of the above… do it again!
A creatively activated life is a rich life! A creatively activated individual is a rich individual!